Graphics and Printing Plates
Sterling offers a wide selection of graphic products and services to meet the needs of our clients. We take pride in our work and are one of the few companies that have mastered both traditional, "old-school" methods, and current technology. Our team of experts have countless years of experience, and work diligently to uphold our reputation of producing quality products that exceed our clients' expectations.
If you have a unique application or need to retro-fit a current machine, we can do it!
Call us at 800-265-5957
or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
GRAPHIC ART SERVICES
Sterling employs highly experienced artists, camera operators, photopolymer, rubber and magnesium plate makers and pre-press experts. We handle all components from design to plate and pre-press consulting.
- Create or Modify Existing Art
- Photo-manipulation, imposition, trapping
- Colour Curve Correction
- All Barcode Types
- Pressure, slur and registration
- Output Resolution up to 2450 dpi
- Film Outputs of .004 and .007 on matte plate-ready film
- Client Archived Art for future reproduction
- Protective shipping materials
- Canadian and U.S. shipping
- Drop-shipping from Port Huron, Michigan for U.S. orders
- Customs & Border Paperwork
We manufacture a variety of polymer products, with many end-use applications from printing, gluing and coating dies to core liners:
- Liquid Photopolymer in sizes up to 30" x 48"
- Sheet Photopolymer in sizes up to 42" x 60"
- Flexographic Printing Plates
- Water-wash Metal and Plastic-backed Polymer
- Textured Back Hard Polymer for Plaque Mounting
- Available in Custom Thicknesses
Silicone has excellent thermal conductivity, conforms to surface variations and is ideal for hot stamping applications. It is used extensively for applying thermal graphics to flat, contoured, and cylindrical shapes. Soft-belly sheets are used for multi-cavity moulds and bag irregular surfaces. Other uses are bag and heat sealing, tipping dies, part holding, gripper fingers, and gaskets.
- Silicone Rubber Dies
- Silicone Rubber Sheets
- Silicone Rubber Rollers
- Hot Stamp Dies
- Soft-belly Sheets
- 50, 60, 70, 80 & 90 Durometers
Sterling has been vulcanizing rubber for 70 years, and we specialize in producing plates for printing on corrugate, plastic bags and gluing dies.
- Vulcanized Rubber Plates
- Natural Rubber
- Vinyl Rubber
- Synthetic Rubber
Magnesium has excellent heat transfer properties and has been a mainstay in embossing and debossing, as well as letterpress printing and hot foil stamping. It is also used extensively in plastic injection moulding applications for small parts and decorative finishing of plastic pieces. It can be used on paper, vinyl, polyurethane, paperboard, leather and nylon.
- Available in 3 Sizes up to 28" x 32"
- Tolerance of +/- .002"
- Magnesium Dies
- Magnesium Plaques
- Hot Stamping Dies
- Letterpress Dies
- Embossing Dies
- Debossing Dies
Sterling customizes mounting processes to meet our client’s needs. We will drill, bevel, notch or finish dies to fit your machine. Dies may be mounted using clips, screws, or heat bonding tape for pre-cut silicone shapes. For PVC and Mylar-mounted dies, we can sew the leading edge, and trail edges can be sewn or punched.
- Wood Mount
- Aluminum & Tin Mount
- PVC & Mylar Mount
- Magnetic Mount
- Cushion Mount
- Colour Proofs
Graphic Product Applications